Wednesday, March 23, 2011

LACMA

Coney Island, 1934 by Paul Cadmus
This oil painting was the first painting i saw that i really loved! What really draws me to this picture is the fun cartoon like drawings and the characters are all sunburn and having fun at the beach. I can relate and identify with this picture because my friends and i love spending all our time in the summer at the beach! Just kicking back and having fun, everyone he painted looks so carefree and full of life.

This was my absolute favorite thing i saw at the whole museum! i love love love fashion and i am kinda obsessed with these bathing suits! the black and blue suits are actually swim suits and the yellow dress in the middle is a 'play outfit". I love old fashion, everything about vintage clothes are so cool and these swim suits are just to die for, i wish we still wore this to the beach or swimming!

 The Crucifixion of St. Andrew
I choose this painting because i was just so drawn to it and interested in it. I really like the way it almost tells a story, the artist did a great job at really capturing the moment for something none of us were there to witness.

The Mocking of Christ
This painting was really offensive. I hate the way there literally mocking Christ as his dying. These men are so wrong and i kinda do not understand why the artist painted this...

The Magdalen with the Smoking Flame by Georges de La Tour
Georges de La Tour painted four versions of Mary Magadalene, first of all i really like Mary Magadalene because her story shows how forgiving and understanding God will always be. I also like her because she is a sinner like the rest  of us and something when you hear stories about God its hard to relate to any of them but because Mary is so mortal like the rest of us its easy to relate to and really understand.

This is just some pieces of art that reminded me of the Norton Simon Museum!!

Weeping Woman with Handkerchief by Pablo Picasso
I can relate to his picture because everyone cries lol!

Bust of a Seated Woman by Pablo Picasso
Right now in my English class I am writing a paper on societies view on woman this painting is a perfect example of how even art and capture woman in such an unreal fake way. The woman painted in all sucked in by a dress. Shes wearing this because in that time all woman wore a corset like thing under there dresses to make them appear skinner.

Anger by Hans-Siebert von Heister
This painting was done in Germany which was very popular art work there. I really like it because its real and easy to read. The figure here is clearly angry and the sharp lines and colors the artist used show us that.

No comments:

Post a Comment